It is expected that this competition will achieve the following objectives:-
- Clarify the roles and mission of the TTSEC and the Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange Limited (TTSE);
- Increase the visibility of the TTSEC and the TTSE;
- Educate the youth so that they will be investor literate; and
- Empower the youth so that they can make informed decisions and guide and inform their families and communities.
February 18 to March 06, 2013
Please choose ONE
of the following questions from Group A or
Group A: 18-21 years old
- A) Analyse a securities product that is currently available on the local market and describe how it works and how it is traded. B) Prepare a proposal indicating how you would educate and empower your peers (18-21 years) to invest in this product.
- Companies often require financing to support their operations. Discuss the differences between debt and equity financing and outline why a company would choose one over the other.
Group B: 22-25 years old
- Research and discuss the nature of the business, operations and price movements of any company listed on the local stock exchange and recommend whether investors should buy, sell or hold the listed equity.
- Prepare a communications/public education proposal which can be used to educate and empower your peers (22-25 years) to invest in the securities market.
Submissions should not exceed 12 pages and must be original, factual, well researched and well written
. If submissions exceed this page limit, the participant will be disqualified.
Projects should include the following:
- Project Description/Introduction
- Project Details
- Objective (s)
- Focal Areas
- Any supporting documents
- The work must be presented in a clear format;
- If sources are used, they must be cited accordingly; plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
- Examples can be used but they must not overshadow the body of the project.
- Standard English must be used.
All entries must be:-
- Type written in Cambria, Times New Roman or Arial font type with a font size of 12;
- Double-spaced with standard page margins;